A new unique course on Marine Cargo Insurance
IG Training has conducted a number of courses on marine cargo insurance in the past. We are now offering a newly designed course called Management of Marine Cargo Portfolio which is unique in many respects:
This 2 days course covers underwriting/broking practices and claims handling on the one hand and strategic aspects of reinsurance and portfolio management (including financials) on the other
Based on historical claims and modern contract certainty principles underwriters and brokers (particularly advanced practioners) will pick up several new concepts to provide seamless covers to their clients.
Don’t miss this unique course!
The main thrust areas of this programme are:
- Case studies based discussion of underwriting/broking-common mistakes, gaps in coverage, bulk and temperature sensitive cargoes.
- Developing bespoke wordings for select industry segments (pharmaceutical, hi-tech industries)
- A thorough analysis of Institute and Non-Institute clauses
- Achieving Contract Certainty in policies
- Claims case studies: including resolution of complex claims
- Strategic aspects of Recovery against third parties
- Reinsurance and Portfolio Management
The courses are conducted by K.S.Vishwanath (an internationally acclaimed marine professional and an author of Insuring Cargoes-A practical guide to the law and practice published by the prestigious Witherby of UK) and Vikas Shukla (who has worked in international markets in senior management position including Royal SunAlliance and runs unique courses on portfolio management and reinsurance).
This course is designed for intermediate/senior practitioners with at least 5 years of experience in the field.
We would welcome nominations from your company.
We believe that this course will empower your marine practitioners with the necessary tools to enhance their capability.
We look forward to your support for this initiative which is the need of the hour as marine insurers are grappling with a soft market for the past several years.